Are you looking for a nice inexpensive rice cooker capable of feeding a lot people? If you are than the Sanyo ECJ-M100S may just be your answer. This useful rice cooker offers up a sizeable 10-cup uncooked-rice capacity, producing approximately 20 cups of cooked rice once. This is very convenient when you are preparing rice for small group of friends or even for a big family gathering.
The carefully designed micro-computerized Rice cooker features Fuzzy Logic technology, which instantly makes fine changes in the temperature and heating time as it cooks to guarantee perfectly cooked rice. After the rice has cooked, the Sanyo ECJ-M100S automatically changes over to keep-warm function, which maintains the perfect serving temperature without overcooking. Also, the unit’s large Liquid crystal display allows you set to cook 15 hours in advance.
Select from a number of menu options including white rice, brown rice, sushi rice, rinse-free rice, sprouted brown rice, mixed rice, sweet rice, and porridge.
Sanyo ECJ-M100S Features and Accessories
- It also comes with a steam function (steam tray included) for steaming vegetables, a slow-cook cycle for making soups, a quick-cook cycle, a reheating option, and a bread making cycle for baking cakes.
- Tight jar-style top, a detachable steam vent and dew extractor, a thick (2 mm) nonstick inner pot,
- Carrying handle for carrying cooked food directly to the meal table.
- Accessories include measuring cup, spatula, spatula holder, and instruction manual.
- Stainless steel with black accents, 650-watt cooker measures approximately 11 by 10-1/2 by 11 inches.
Sanyo ECJ-M100S Dimensions
While this Rice Cooker has had some really good reviews there are several things you should keep in mind before deciding if it is right for you. I have broken down these in the lists below
- Very spacious. It can store up to 10-cup uncooked rice and 18-20 cups cooked so the insides is very big
- It can cook white, brown, and even sushi rice.
- The Timer helps when planning ahead
- Even when the rice cooker it was unplugged it was able to keep the rice warm.
- Esthetically is very modern looking so it won’t look out of place in any modern homes. It actually looks more expensive than the price suggests.
- Quality of rice is above average quality
- Making for a few people only take 2-3 cups of rice so it barely fills up the rice cooker
- It is too big for a small kitchen or apartment and will definitely stand out.
- Timer doesn’t allow you to set exact time to start. This means you have to estimate the number of hours before it begins cooking. This is not a big deal but just something you need to keep in mind as if you put down the wrong setting you may be coming home to cold or uncooked rice.
My Review on the Sanyo ECJ-M100S
Overall this is very good rice cooker. There are some minor inconveniences such about the timer. Aside from this there are no major concerns of the cooker. Also if you are only cooking for only a couple it would look odd when you look into the pot and see all the open space. On the plus side can often find this rice cooker to be much more inexpensive then others. From my research it does appear the Sanyo ECJ-M100S is rated highly among the online community as it currently has a 4.3 rating on Amazon. Overall though if you are looking for an inexpensive option and have a lot of people feed then I feel this rice cooker is definitely for you.