The NitroCat 1200-K 1/2-Inch Kevlar Composite Air Impact Wrench does everything you expect from an impact wrench: loosens tight bolts (even rusty ones), tightens them, helps you with brake work, helps you rotate tires faster, and much more.
It is manufactured by AirCat, a company established in 1998 that specializes in pneumatic hand tools such as impact wrenches, cut-off tools and air ratchets.
Main Feature list
Its features include:
- Working torque of 200 – 900 foot-pounds
- Maximum torque of 1,200 foot-pounds
- Weight of 4.5 pounds
- Dimensions: 9.2 x 8.5 x 3 inches
- 950 Impacts Per Minute (IPM) (load included)
- Most powerful 1/2-inch impact in its class
- Speed – No Load (RPM): 8,000
- Noise Level (dB): 86
- Average Air Consumption of 4 CFM
- High durability and a “solid feel”
- Kevlar composite housing adds extra strength and durability
- A handle with ergonomic design that reduces strain on wrists, hand and arms
- Max noise level of 86 decibels
- Heavy-duty clutch mechanism(twin)
- Through-the-handle exhaust to direct wreckage away from the operator
- Easy switching between forward and reverse using a flip lever
Who is it for?
It is for the professional mechanic who requires a heavy-duty, high-power wrench. Its ergonomic design makes it especially suited for everyday use, so if you will be using your wrench a lot, this would be a good choice.
Pros and Cons
The most striking attribute of the Wrench is its power. It is tough and hard-hitting. The fact that it is used by many NHRA Top Fuel Race teams is a testimony to its power, speed and ease of use. It is powerful and yet affordable, and perfectly suited to the professional mechanic. It makes use of various innovative technologies such as exhaust muffler technology and through-the-handle exhaust design. Its ergonomic design makes it suitable for regular use.
Pros on the wrench include the fact that it is a powerful tool, and yet sells at a reasonable price. It is quiet for a tool of its power. Many have commented that it is “solidly built” and has a “quality feel” to it. Its controls are easy to use, and its ergonomic design makes using it a pleasant experience.
Cons of the impact wrench include the fact that one cannot vary its speed. Some have claimed that it is not quite as powerful as the Ingersol Rand 2135, but its lower price tag makes up for that.
Why you should buy it?
It is powerful, durable and has a solid feel to it. Its ergonomic design makes it safe and pleasant to use. Its price is reasonable and it will make a worthwhile investment.
A good impact wrench for a reasonable price. Its high power combined with its low noise levels make this Air Impact Wrench a great tool for any mechanic.