I recommend the KitchenAid K45SS Classic 250-Watt 4-1/2-Quart Stand Mixer, a basic all-in-one machine that comes with three mixer attachments and has 250 watts for motor power. With its 10 speeds and 4 and 1/2 quart bowl, the appliance will perform the tasks needed in a mixer. Besides mixer attachments, interested customers can purchase an additional attachment set that uses the machine for slicing, mincing and much more. The mixer is compact in size and ready to perform, and the color options make it attractive with any kitchen decor.
The KitchenAid K45SS Classic Stand Mixer’s Key Features
Taking up less than 15 square inches of counter space, I find the stand mixer uses its 250-watt motor to perform mixer tasks for one batch of cookies, bread or cake at once. I do not recommend trying to do double bread recipes in this model. Besides the bowl, here are the attachments that come with the KitchenAid K45SS:
- The flat beater will take care of all mixing and beating jobs.
- The dough hook is designed for kneading, but too many batches can overload the motor.
- The wire whip will whip air into foods that should be light and fluffy like whipped cream.
These three useful attachments will help home cooks prepare hundreds of wonderful foods right in their own kitchen. Cooking and baking is so much simpler with an easy-to-use mixer. Here is just a short list of the many foods that can be partly or mostly prepared in this mixer:
- Banana bread
- Crepe filling
- Eggs for a frittata
- Onion dip
- Poppy seed rolls
- Rye bread
With so many foods that are possible with the mixer, I would never be able to cook them all. Cooks can have fun trying numerous new recipes with the mixer so that menus do not become boring. With the extra attachments, the mixer is capable of so much more. Here are just some of the tasks handled by the attachments that can be ordered:
- Meat grinding
A useful machine that can accomplish so many different jobs is a useful addition in any kitchen. With proper care and use, this mixer should last through years of service.
The KitchenAid K45SS Reviews
While every customer would prefer to be able to trust that nothing would be negative about appliances that are purchased from any manufacturer, products always have their strong and weak points like anything else in life. I find taking a look at the good and the bad is a wise habit for making purchases.
- The dough hook makes it so much easier to knead bread.
- The bowl and motor power for this mixer is strong enough for recipes making two loaves of bread.
- Solid and sturdy, the mixer is heavy and should have a permanent place on the counter for convenient use.
- Even inexperienced cooks can use this mixer.
- The mixer is built to endure much use over many years.
- Does not have enough power for multiple batches of bread.
- Residue does stick to the side of the bowl and the user must stop the machine and scrape the sides infrequently.
This respectable smaller mixer in the line of quality mixers by KitchenAid will perform well when the directions are closely followed. I find this appliance is an excellent basic performer for mixing and other tasks. A 1-year warranty comes with the machine.