The RIKON 30-120 13-Inch Drill Press is the tool for all your drilling needs. It is powerful enough for almost any surface and is particularly suited for woodwork. It can be used for straightforward drilling, tapping, reaming and lots more.
It is made by Rikon, Power Tools, a division of Richen Enterprise, Inc., which has its headquarters in Massachusetts. Their products are manufactured in Germany and China, and they strive to make great quality products at a reasonable price and with good customer service.
The RIKON 30-120 Drill Press is a heavy-weight, heavy-duty tool that will last for years. It has a ½ horsepower motor, 16 different spindle speeds, tilting table and a clutch depth stop. It is made from steel and cast iron and its design is simple and user-friendly.
Price and Main Feature list
This RIKON 30-120 Drill Press goes for $359.99 on Amazon.com. Its features include:
- powerful ½ horsepower motor
- 16 different Spindle Speeds (ranging from 200 to 3,630 RPM) with a speed selection chart
- Made of solid steel and cast iron, making it exceptionally durable
- Handles made of cast iron, so they won’t bend or loosen
- Clutch Depth Stop for to accurately set drill depth
- Simple, user-friendly design
- Rack and pinion height adjuster
- Two-year warranty
- safety switch
- 13-inch swing
- The table tilts 45 degrees right or left and rotates through 360 degrees.
- Smooth, efficient operation
- Height of 39 inches
- Depth of 24 inches
- Weight of 121 pounds.
- Comes with: drill press head, arm, table, cast iron handle, table support, base, column assembly, two hardware bags, a chuck and an owner’s manual.
- Two-year warranty.
- Slot design ensures easy mounting of jigs, vises, and fixtures.
Who is it for?
RIKON 30-120 13-Inch Drill Press is for both DIY and professional users. It is solidly built and durable, so it is great for those who will need it for heavy-duty use. With its clutch depth stop feature it is also great for those who will be doing projects where repeated drilling to the same depth is needed.
Pros and Cons
RIKON 30-120 13-Inch Drill Press is solidly built and likely to last a long time – a definite pro if you’re looking for something that can withstand lots of use and abuse.
Its simplicity can be a pro or a con, depending on what you’re looking for. RIKON 30-120 Drill Press doesn’t have any lasers or digital features, so that will be a con if you’re looking for a high-tech tool. The positive side is that it is straightforward to use, so even beginners can start using it straight away.
Some have noted that a possible con is that the cast iron handwheel is not long enough to give sufficient leverage, and that those with large hands may also scrape their knuckles on other controls as they turn it.
Why you should buy it?
The main reason for buying RIKON 30-120 Drill Press is that it’s solid and packed with user-friendly features. It is unlikely to break, and it won’t take you hours to figure out how to use it.
RIKON 30-120 13-Inch Drill Press is solidly built and easy to use. Likely to be a worthwhile investment if you’re looking for a straightforward, heavy-duty tool.