The Porter-Cable FC350A Clipped Head 2-Inch to 3-1/2-Inch Framing Nailer is an extremely high quality nail gun that can take care of all your nailing needs, be they professional contractor work or simply fixing up your house. If you are planning on doing any real woodworking projects, then this is the tool you want to make the job easy.
Porter-Cable is a well known and respected brand of power tools that has been in business since 1906. They’ve survived and grown hugely since their founding because of their total dedication to providing woodworkers and tradesmen with tools that will always get the job done right. More than just being high quality, all of their tools are priced at a fair value to make them affordable by the people who would actually use them.
Price and Main Feature list
The cost of this nailer is just $199.99. That may seem like a lot at first blush, but you’ll see it’s worth every cent with features like:
- The framing nailer can use 30 degree to 34 degree nails that are two inch to three and a half inches by .113 inch to .131 inch and paper collated with clipped heads.
- It has so much power that it can drive even the biggest nails it takes, 3 ½ inches by .131 inch straight into engineered lumber easily.
- The body of the nail gun is designed to be as compact as possible for better balance and style.
- An internal piston catch mechanism guarantees that you get consistent power on every shot.
- You can change the trigger mode between restrictive and contact actuation, and it even has a tool free drive depth adjustment with detents for different nail heads.
Who is it for?
This framing nailer is really just meant for anyone who demands quality from their power tools. It’s especially designed to meet the needs of a professional contractor, although anyone could use it.
Pros and Cons
The thing that really stands out about this nailer over all the others you may look at is that it is powerful enough to drive even longer nails into the toughest of wood. You will never have to worry about nails that only go in half way as this framing nailer can drive a nail straight into engineered lumber without any problem.
This framing nailer weighs about 14 pounds and is 14 inches long, 4.5 inches wide, and 14 inches tall. It’s designed to be comfortable enough that you can use it all day without getting overly fatigued.
The upsides of this nail gun are that it is easy to use, has a lot of adjustment features, and has plenty of power. The downside is that all of these features push it into a higher price bracket.
Why you should buy it?
The most compelling reason to buy this framing nailer is that it will never let you down like so many other lesser models and brands will.
Overall, if you can afford this great Framing Nailer, then it is well worth the cost as long as you think you will actually use it on a fairly regular basis.