MK Diamond MK-101 Wet Tile Saw is pretty much unsurpassed when it comes to cranking out quality tile and masonry cutting equipment. The MK-101 is no exception to that rule. As the price tag might indicate, this wet tile saw is a seriously well engineered and manufactured power tool and is squarely and unashamedly aimed at the more “pro” end of the scale.
Manufactured in the US, the 10 inch MK Diamond MK-101 takes precision cutting into new realms and slices effortlessly through whatever you might care to throw at it – tile, lapidary stones, marble, paving slabs, ceramics. It will handle it and ask for seconds! The reason why this wet tile saw can deliver such performance is the 2 Horsepower, 120 volt, 12.6 Amp Baldur motor that drives the 10 inch blade through anything up to 3/4 inch. “Heavy Duty” is the phrase that springs to mind when working with this motor. With power like this on tap, your cutting efficiency is increased and you simply get the job done quicker with less effort. Of course, power is nothing without control. A wet tile saw that leaves the more delicate tiles with rough jagged edges is good to neither man nor beast. Thankfully, the MK Diamond MK-101 leaves the cut edges of everything it touches as smooth as glass.
For the kind of money that you need to cough up for the MK Diamond MK-101, you’d expect to get some pretty good features and MK Diamond have clearly burned through an hefty R&D budget with the MK-101, ensuring that the specifications and features list meets pro-standard expectations.
MK Diamond MK-101 Tile Saw Features and Specifications
- It comes loaded with a 1.5 horsepower engine and an electric Baldor motor that rotates at 3,450 RPM.
- It can cut up to 20 inches in length as well as 3 inches in depth. Diagonally, you can get up to 14 inch cuts with ease.
- The Baldor motor is permanently lubricated – you never have to open it up for maintenance. It is also dual sealed and has a chrome plated guide bar to enable for all kinds o precision cuts.
- The MK Diamond MK-101 Tile Saw comes with a water gallon for water distribution during use which means that your precise cuts come even easier.
- The motor head and cutting post are adjustable meaning that you can work different lengths and depths and get plunge cuts as well.
- It’s flexible in the size of blades that it can take – you can switch diamond blades of 6 inches and 8 inches depending on what material you are cutting and the kind of cut you are after.
- The blade shafts are flexible which means that switching blades is easy.
- You get great, stable performance because the cast-aluminium blade guard and motor post are cast as one piece. This means that as you use the MK Diamond MK-101 Tile Saw
- Horsepower 10-Inch Wet Tile Saw, it stays in place, an important factor when you’re after precision cuts.
- It’s manageable for moving around. It weighs 92 pounds and all you have to do is pack it with the rest of your tools and you’re good to go.
- Lastly, you get a 10-inch wet-cutting diamond blade, water pump, rip guide, and 45-degree mitre in the pack.
- The MK Diamond MK-101 Tile Saw also comes with a year’s warranty, and coming from one of the oldest wet saw makers in America, you can be sure that you’re getting yourself a wet saw that will serve you well for a long time.
MK Diamond MK-101 Tile Saw Reviews
What are users saying? Good things definitely. It does what you’re promised it will do. For limestone, ceramics and even brick, it will cut just as well as any other tile saw, and you can use it to shape as well.
The company, MK Diamond, also offers excellent customer service so that should you have any issues with your MK Diamond MK-101 Tile Saw, you can get in touch and they will be able to help you right away.
Its not so easy to shop for a wet saw when there are so many out there, but you can be guaranteed that if you go with the MK Diamond MK-101 Tile Saw, you will definitely be getting your money’s worth.