Makita LS1018 with 10 inch Dual-Bevel Slide Compound miter saw has a great cutting capacity and accuracy right out of the box. This saw is ideal for finish carpenters, wood floor installers, baseboard and crown molding installation, cabinet and furniture makers, deck builders, general construction and more. By using the LS1018 saw, you are going to get all the cutting performance that you need in a slide compound saw, but with less weight that only 43.7 pounds for increased portability. Jobs like cutting baseboards and crown molding are a break, but it also has large capacity to cut 4×4 dimensional lumbers in one pass.
The Makita LS1018 saw is powered by a powerful 13 AMP direct-drive motor with soft start. This means smoother start-ups and consistent, stable power without restraint to slide or replace. The electric brake gives extra convenience. In addition, the LS1018 saw will attempt to the most demanding jobs while keeping high production. This saw has great capacity that can cut up to 12 inch at 90 degrees and 8-1/2 inch at 45 degrees. In addition, this saw has been designed with Ergonomic rubberized D-handle for better fit and added comfort. Generally, this saw has been used for trim and crown molding, baseboards, as well as framing and roofing.
- With powerful 13.0 AMP direct drive motor requires less maintenance and delivers 4,300 RPM
- Miters 0 degree to 47 degrees in left and 0 degree to 60 degrees in right
- Able to cut up to 12 inch at 90 degrees and 8-12 inch at 45 degrees
- Having linear ball bearing system engineered to deliver “dead-on” accurate cuts
- Rear handle bevel lock is easily available and adjusts 0 degree – 45 degrees in both left and right with positive stops at 0, 45 in both directions.
- With less weight at about 43.7 pounds and compact design for jobsite portability
- With soft start feature for smooth start-ups
- Having ergonomic rubberized D-handle design for better fit and extra comfort
- Large accuracy machined aluminum base supports material for more efficient cutting
- Having electric brake to maximize the productivity
- Best for finish carpenters, wood floor installers, baseboard and crown molding installation, cabinet and furniture makers, deck builders, general construction and more
The Makita LS1018 Reviews
The Makita LS1018 DBL compound miter saw is one of good saw. Craftsman or woodworker can get professional result or make perfectly square cuts by using this circular saw. Besides giving great cutting, this saw provides a soft start motor, so it does not make annoying whenever it is starting. The blade comes is amazing. The bevels came perfectly square and do not need any adjusting, and the fence was straight. The sliding action is also smooth and accurate.
However, there is downside of this saw about the dust collection capability, which is not really effective. Besides that, the thumb safety switch just seems kind of unnecessary. In addition of the downside, the fence of this saw does not slide for compound miters; so you need to take the whole fence out. The lower amperage makes it hang up in thick pieces. The table is not wide enough to support wide baseboards or any other wide material very well.
Particularly, this saw is a top notch saw. The Makita LS1018 DBL compound miter saw works well, the sliding action is smooth and it cuts clean. Thus, I think that even though the motor is under power, but the Makita LS1018 DBL compound miter saw is still good to recommended since everything is machined to a very high quality and the cuts seems square enough.