DEWALT DW745 10-Inch Compact Job-Site with 20-Inch Max Rip Capacity – 120V
DEWALT DW745 table saw features the convenient Site-Pro Modular Guarding System to easy set up for a variety application which results in quick and accurate cuts. In addition, this table saw pairs a portable design with a powerful 15 amp motor and large 20-inch maximum rip capacity which give the consistent and powerful performance for sturdy jobs like cutting hardwood. By having large rip capacity, this table saw can make a maximum cut depth of 3-1/8 inches at 90 degrees and also 2-1/4 inches at 45 degrees. Like the other DEWALT table saw, the rack and pinion fence rails also make fence adjustments fast, soft, precise and accurate. The telescoping fence design lets the rails to move out to 20 inches to rip full sheets of materials or be withdrew for a compact design which is easy to move.
This table saw has a portable design with weighs just forty-five pounds which can be able to move it from workshop to the worksite with ease. This table saw features a handy 2-1/2-inch dust collection port which lets user to connect the saw to a Shop-Vacuum for efficient dust extraction and a cleaner work area. Generally, this table saw comes with blade guards, a miter gauge, a push stick, and a dependable 10-inch, a 24-tooth carbide blade to obtain the project started right away.
- Having 22 kg unit weight and optimized footprint create this the most portable saw in its class
- Having steel roll cage keeps saw against jobsite drops and impacts.
- Having great Rack and pinion fence system that give an extremely accurate and easy to use
- With powerful 1850 Watt motor for high performance in all applications
- Cast table top design makes sure accuracy and precision, Overload protection system ensures powerful performance in hard, wet or frozen woods, fast bevel lock with great scale for easy, accurate adjustments.
- Having 24 tooth SERIES 30 saw blade, a miter gauge, two blade spanners, Parallel fence, dust collection port reducer for clean up and a Push stick
- Powerful 15 amp, high-torque motor transports no-load speed of 3,850 rpm
- Telescoping fence rails
- Come with three-year limited warranty, one-year free service, and 90-day money-back guarantee
The Reviews – Pros and Cons
The DEWALT DWE745 compact table saw is one of a great tool. The Rack and Pinion Fence system is almost perfect. The rack-and-pinion fence rails make built-up small box pieces very smooth and accurate. The fence lock is easy and dependable. Blade adjustment is equally precise and accurate.
This table saw is constructed very well. Although it has been made of plastic, but everything is of high quality including the yellow plastic cover that wraps around the perimeter of the saw. Also, this table saw has a rolling stand which folds up for easy transport and even can make easier to move around. Essentially this table saw has a great portable table, easy to carry, easy and fast to set up. It makes secure and fast to use and accurate and makes jobs go well. This table saw can cut and do anything needed as a handyman.
Generally, this table saw comes with a 10 inch blade already attached, wrenches to change blades, an adjustable and removable riving knife, anti kickback pawls, and a long push stick that is conveniently mounted to the fence. The fence is on a rack and pinion system which is very smooth and was accurate right out of the box. In addition, user can lock down the bevel angle and the fence. Both lock down tightly and will not move in the middle of a cut which is obviously very important but is something that some other manufacturers look past.
This is a nice portable lightweight saw that has many good features; most notably the rack and pinion rip fence and up/down/angle blade adjustments. However, the miter gauge supplied with this saw is totally worthless and unusable. The miter gauge doesn’t fit in the slots perfectly; there is a little play which will throw off your angle. It is cheaply made and cannot be accurately adjusted.
Thus, even though this table saw has a lack of the miter gauge which is cheap and very loose and wobbly, but still I feel that this table saw is great to recommend for using.