If you have just taken on a large tiling job, then you understand the importance of buying a tile/brick saw. With the right tile saw, working on your project will be as easy as an evening walk at the park with your spouse. While most people prefer smaller saws, diamond bladed saws and straight edge cutters, wet saws such as Chicago Electric 2.5 HP 10” Industrial tile saw should be one of the best companions when it comes to working on large projects. The rugged saw has an alloy body as well as two position cutting head that can handle both masonry and tile cutting tasks up to 3.75” in thickness.
The saw has a steel frame and a squared off base making it extremely heavy when compared to other brands on the market. Because it does not come with a stand, moving it from one place to another might not be very easy for you. However, the saw is great for long- term use and easy to store. To cut using the saw, simply place your tile or brick on the rolling cutting tray of the device and then slide it towards the 10-inch blade. The rolling blade of the device features sturdy steel that makes it durable and effective for cutting bricks and tiles.
- The saw has high pivots that allow you to make cuts at 22.5 and 45-degree levels
- It has a 24” cutting capacity.
- The adjustable cutting head of the saw allows you to adjust the blade when working on standard tiles and bricks measuring up to 3-1/2 “ in terms of thickness.
- The dual capacitor motor that accompanies the device offers adequate power for running the gadget. In addition, it features a thermal overload protection.
- The oversized steel frame featuring a precision linear bar system ensures that you have a smooth operation when working on the tiles as well as bricks.
- The heavy duty alloy column plus the cutting head of the saw reduces on the vibration of the device when in use
- The saw has rubber pads at its top to help in holding the tiles and bricks securely before you embark on cutting them.
- Comes with steel on steel glide system that enables the tray to slide easily along the left side of the device.
- The 3 gallon per minute water pump featured on the saw is sturdy adding more functionality and durability to the device.
- The ABS plastic tray has a rubber stop attached to it with the help of a chain.
- Has a spring load blade lock that helps in stopping the blade from spinning, as you will be using the wrench to loosen the arbor when replacing its blade.
- On the left side of the blade stop and power supply, the device has a metal cover surrounding the belt system for driving the blade axle of the device.
- Highly adjustable to allow cut a wide variety of tiles and blocks without using a lot of effort.
- Versatile in that you can use it on simple ceramic tiles, hard tiles and brick.
- Easy to install the saw, thanks to the user’s manual included in the package.
- Easy to clean. Easy to use. Durable.
- If you do not have enough water, the device can make your bricks and tiles to chip and shatter easily hence no clean cut.
- Does not come with a stand hence you need to buy one separately.
- Does feature rollers or bearings that can help the tray to slide smoothly when in use.
In conclusion, Chicago Electric 2.5 HP 10” Industrial tile saw will rarely disappoint you. You can use the saw to cut tiles as well as bricks without applying much effort on the same. Unlike other low quality saws that will break down every now and then, this saw is not only durable but also easy clean. Furthermore, it will not take you hours all in the name of installing the saw because it comes with the users’ manual. If you want to work on large project that involves cutting of bricks and tiles, it is high time you considered the idea of buying Chicago Electric saw. There is no need to move from one store to another asking for the saw because you can order one from amazon.com right away. Once you buy this, cutting of tiles and bricks will not be something to worry you anymore.